Intertextual Connections


When you're on top of the mountain, remember me.


I am totally exhausted right now. I have been kinda waiting for this exhausting moment, in truth, a moment of satisfaction. I played like a champ today. I played like one who came back from the benchwarmers club. In my case, I bounced back from injury.

For many weeks now, I have been playing a very defensive game - at most trying to get the ball over the court. My strokes have completely lost its sting. The accuracy was at best with my poor vision without my glasses. I wasn't glad with my performance, the many weeks of thrashing at times. However, I persevered and much help from the younger one, SS. He's a good player now.

He taught me once again of what I used to know but have forgotten quickly. He says, "listen to the sound of the shuttle". Ah, brilliant. Start correcting my grip. I guess the adventure of tennis really screwed up my game. So there was a lot correcting and practice that needed to be put into it. Not forgetting the footwork, spring action - heels up, keeping centre at all times. It somewhat wearing me down and I was kinda dejected perhaps. I'm glad tonight was different. After a more regular stint on Thursdays and Sundays, it's all coming back to me now.

7 games. 2 1/2 hours.
Close matches, some forced to rubber.
More than one brilliant rally.
Focus was key in every shot detail
The drive and passion pushed me all the way.

Tonight, I felt badminton in my blood once again.

:: I'm all rosy and pink now from the game and shower, clean face as anything. All tired and sore - shoulder is starting to get tight, popped an Arcoxia and icing after this. Feet is numb. Feels like the good ol' training days.

::: I have not been so physically tired for a long long time. It actually feels good.

Labels:

0 Responses to “When you're on top of the mountain, remember me.”

Post a Comment



© 2005-2006 Intertextual Connections | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.